How to Reprint an Acknowledgement Letter
Reprinting an Acknowledgement Letter
Acknowledgement letters provide information to the taxpayer concerning their return, including when the return was acknowledged, what amount their refund will be, and an approximate time as to when these funds will be available. These letters also provide information concerning any payments due and where to send them. There is an acknowledgement letter for the federal return as well as for state returns.
Acknowledgement letters can be printed in three different methods:
1) As returns are acknowledged, acknowledgement letters will appear on the "Work In Progress" screen under the "Printing Queue" section.
2) There is a report that can be used to print acknowledgement letters by date range.
3) Finally, an acknowledgement letter can be printed from within a return under the "Print" menu.
Methods to Print Acknowledgement Letters
Method 1: On the Work In Progress Summary
NOTE: If the program is configured to discard ACK letters, acknowledgement letters will not appear on the Work in Progress Summary and cannot be printed this way.
1. Open the program and go to the Work In Progress Summary.
2. To print all acknowledgement letters, click Print All on top toolbar.
3. Click on Federal Acknowledgement Letters or State Acknowledgement Letters. If there are no letters to print, you will not be able to click on the link. To print a specific acknowledgement letter, double click the client.
NOTE: Acknowledgement letters are deleted as they are printed. To reprint an acknowledgement letter, use Method 2 or Method 3.
Method 2: Acknowledgement letter reports
1. Open the program. If inside a tax return, close the tax return.
2. On the top menu bar, click Reports, ACK Letters, and then the desired letter type. To filter the results of the report, enter a date range in the Starting ACK Date and Ending ACK Date fields.
3. Click Quick View to display the results or Print to print the results.
Method 3: Printing an acknowledgement letter within a return
1. Open the program and open the tax return.
2. On the top menu bar, click Print and then Acknowledge Letter or State ACK Letter.