How to Turn On ’Allow Less Secure Apps’ in Gmail
Turning On 'Allow Less Secure Apps'
In the event a certain Gmail address had never been used in conjunction with the software, Gmail will block access and send the user an email stating the 'Sign-in Attempt' has been prevented.
Follow these four steps to address the blocked access:
Quick link to access less secure apps: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- Have the user log into Gmail with the address used for TextLink.
- Open the new email labeled Sign-in Attempt Prevented.
- Scroll down and click on REVIEW YOUR DEVICES NOW.
- This takes you to Google's Sign-in & Security page.
- Scroll down the page to Allow Less Secure Apps.
- Finally, select to turn this ON.
- Return to the software and test the text message feature or return email feature, which should function as intended.
- The owner of the Gmail account may receive a Critical Security email with notification that less secure apps were turned on.