Having a program shortcut on your desktop is a quick and convenient way to access the program. When you install the program, Setup adds a shortcut to your desktop. If you accidentally delete it, you can create a new one.
To create a new desktop shortcut on a stand-alone machine, follow these steps:
- In My Computer, locate the following folder, where drive: is the drive where the program is installed and YY is the year of the program that you would like create a desktop shortcut for: drive:\XLINKYY
- Right click the application file XLINK32.exe, point to Send To and then click Desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut will now be available on your computer’s desktop. If desired, you can rename the shortcut by right clicking the newly-created desktop shortcut and then clicking Rename.
To create a new desktop shortcut on a network workstation machine, follow these steps:
- Click Start, then click Run or in the search box, enter two backslashes followed by the name of the host computer (example: \\servername) and then click press Enter. If you don’t know the name of the host computer, see the following knowledge base article:How to find the name of the host computer.
- Double click the folder where you shared the program. In most cases, the share name is XlinkYY where YY is the year of the program you want to install.
- Right click xlink32.exe, point to Send To, and then click Desktop (Create Shortcut). Double click the new shortcut on your desktop to open the program.