How to Configure The Program to Automatically Complete The EFIN/ERO Information in a Tax Return
Configuring the program for automatic completion of EFIN/ERO Information
- Log into the program as a user with administrator rights.
- From the top menu, select Setup-> Office Setup.
- Select the Electronic Filing Tab.
- If there is an EFIN in the Default EFIN field, make a note of the EFIN.
- If there is not an EFIN in the Default EFIN field, enter the desired default EFIN in the Default EFIN field.
- Click OK to close the Application Settings window.
- From the top menu, select Database-> EF Originators.
- If the EFIN from Step 4 exists in the EF Originators list, double click on the EFIN to edit it.
- If the EFIN from Step 4 does not exist in the EF Originators list, enter the EFIN from Step 4 in the ERO’s EFIN field and click Add.
- Verify the information on the "Electronic Return Originators" screen is correct, making changes as necessary.
- Click Save to close the "Electronic Return Originators screen."
- Click Close to close the EF Originators screen.
The program is now configured to automatically complete the EFIN information on all new tax returns.
Existing returns will contain the EFIN information that existed at the time they were created.