Refusal: The SSN is already sent by other UserID to Service Bureau
When trying to transmit a return you receive the following refusal:
’The SSN is already sent by other UserID to Service Bureau’
This refusal can be caused by creating the same return at two locations instead of transferring the return from the location that initially created the return.
- From the Dashboard, go to Utility and Change Tax Return Owner
- Enter the SSN, filing status and new user ID
- Click OK
Unable to Change Tax Return Owner
In the case where the return exists at the two locations but not at the Dashboard, you will not be able to change the tax return owner. A return with the same SSN and same filing status will need to be created first.
- From the Dashboard, go to Add New
- Enter the SSN and click OK
- Set the filing status to match the return being refused
- Follow the initial steps 1-3