How to setup Google App Password For Using With 2-Step Verification
How to setup Google app password when using 2 step verification
If a partner is using the 2-step verification, an app password will need to be generated to bypass this. See the following steps below.
Log into the Google Account
- Click on Security
- Scroll down the page to Signing in to Google and click on App passwords
(the account password may need to be re-entered to continue)
- Select Other (Custom name)
- Suggested naming convention would be 'xlink##' (replace ## with the program year) and click Generate
- Copy the password to the Office Setup > TextMsg/Email tab within the tax program.
- Click on the OK button & test function of the text message or email within the return.