Error Message: "Unable to load module, display/gdi menu.000" When Opening The Program
When opening the program, the following message appears:
’Unable to load module, display/gdi menu.000’
Avast incorrectly detects the program as malicious. It then moves the file "gdi menu.000" to the Avast Vault.
To resolve this issue, first add the program as an exclusion in Avast. Next, restore gdi menu.000 to the program install directory.
Step 1: Add the program as an exclusion in Avast
- Open Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security installation by double clicking on the icon in the task-bar.
- On the left menu, click Settings. The Avast Settings window will open.
- In the Avast Settings window, select Antivirus.
- Scroll down to the section named Exclusions.
- To the right of the (enter file path) field, click browse. The Select the areas window will open.
- Browse to the program installation directory(the default is "C:\xlinkYY", where YY is the two-digit program year).
- Check the box in front of the "xlinkYY" folder, then click OK.
The program will no longer be scanned by Avast.
Step 2: Restore the "gdi menu.000" file
- If not already open, open Avast Free Antivirus or Avast Internet Security installation by double clicking on the icon in the taskbar.
- On the left menu, click Scan.
- On the bottom of the scan screen, click Quarantine (virus chest).
- Right click the file "gdi menu.000" in the displayed list and select Restore and Add To Exclusions. An Avast Information screen will open.
- Select Yes to restore the program file. If prompted to overwrite a file, select Yes.
- Close all Avast windows.
The program should now open normally.
NOTE: If you are using a different anti-virus and receiving this error, please follow the instructions for performing these actions from your anti-virus software vendor.