Error Message For Return Verification: State RT/ERC Requested Bank Info Must Match Fed Values"
When verifying a tax return, the following error message appears:
'RT/ERC Requested – Bank Info Must Match Fed Values'
- The most common cause is attempting to do a State RAC when the Federal Return is balance due. In order to do a state RAC, a bank product must be used on the Federal Return as well.
- The error also occurs when the routing and account numbers on the State do not match the routing and account numbers on the Federal Return.
Resolution 1 - No bank product on Federal Refund desired
- On the state EF form, change the refund type from State RAC to Paper Check or Direct Deposit
Resolution 2 - A bank product is present for Federal Refund
- Open the return in question.
- On the top menu, click the Verify Button.
- On the Return Errors and Rejects window, double click the verify error message. The field with a mismatch will be highlighted.
- Press F5 to recalculate the field.
The error message will no longer appear