Online Program > Adding Records to the Database
Adding Records to the Database
While most databases in the 1040 Online program will automatically populate as you fill out tax returns, new records can be manually created at any time. Some databases (Like the Referral and User Status Code databases) can only be populated by manually creating entries.
Follow the instructions below to successfully add a Record to a Database:
- Click Office Settings at the bottom of the side navigation bar on the left side of the page.
- Click Database at the top of the page, to the right of Account.
- Click on the name of the desired database in the Database List on the left side of the page.
- Click Add New to pull up the Add window.
- Enter the appropriate information in each of the fields (required fields are outlined in red).
- Click Add after all required fields are completed.
The newly created record will now appear in the database, and the information in the record will automatically populate on the return once entered in the appropriate field.