How to Run an IRS Acknowledgement Report
The "IRS Acknowledgement" report
The following steps to generate the IRS Acknowledgement report are provided below:
1. Log into the program as a user with administrator rights.
2. From the top menu, select Reports->IRS ACKs->IRS and State Acknowledgements.
3. In the Sort By drop down list, choose the applicable sort option.
4. In the Group By drop down list, choose the applicable grouping option.
5. In the Minimum and Maximum IRS ACK Date fields, enter the desired date range in the format indicated.
6. To view the report on the screen, click the Quick View Button.
7. To print the report, click the Print Button.
Information Displayed on The Report:
* Site – The identification number of the site that prepared the return
* Preps Code – The identification code of the preparer that created the return
* SSN – The Social Security Number of the primary taxpayer
* Last Name – The last name of the primary taxpayer
* Ack Date – The date the IRS acknowledged the return
* Status – The current filing status of the return
* Rfd Type – The refund type designator for the return
* EFIN – The EFIN the return was filed under
* DCN – The Declaration Control Number assigned to the return
* State ID – The first state designator for the return
* StateII ID – The second state designator for the return (if applicable)