"C0000005 Xlink exception error" While Opening The Program
While opening the program, the following error message appears:
’Xlink hardware exception C0000005!
C:\xlinkYY\overlay\opcodes.000 at: 5ED0’
This issue can occur if the program was not updated properly, possibly due to a workstation running the software while updates are applied. A file may be out of sync with the current version.
Delete the 1040zz file in the xlinkYY/software folder. Before following these steps, verify the program is not open on any computer on the network.
- Open the program installation folder:
- In Windows Vista or later: Right click the shortcut for the program and select Open File Location.
- In Windows XP: Right click on the shortcut for the program and select Properties. The Properties window will open. Click Find Target.
- In the xlinkYY folder that opens, open the software folder.
- In the software folder, find the file named “1040zz”.
- Right click this file and select Delete.
The program should now open without error.