Error Message: ’File Access Error...." While Installing Updates
While installing updates, states or additional products, the following error message appears:
’Unable to open: software/1040us0
Access is denied.’
This issue can occur if any of the following are true:
1. Another computer on the network has the program open when updates are applied
2. The files necessary to update the program are set as Read-Only.
The program must be closed on all workstations accessing the program over the network. If that does not resolve the issue, some program files may have been marked Read-Only. The Read-Only attributes must be removed.
Resolution 1: Close the program on all workstations.
- If the program is open on any other computers on the network, close it.
- Apply the Software Updates once more.
Resolution 2: Remove the Read-Only attributes from the program directory.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the drive where the program is installed.
- Right click the program installation folder(xlinkYY) and click Properties.
- Clear the Read-Only check box and click Apply.
- Click Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files, and click OK.
- The updates should now apply without error.