How to Backup Returns in The Program
Backing Up Returns in The Program
In order to back up returns in the program, the following steps are provided.
Part 1: Enable the backup feature
- Log into the program as a user with administrator rights.
- From the top menu, select Setup > Office Setup to open up the "Application Settings" window.
- In the Application Settings window, click the General Tab. Then select the Enable Backup check box in the Backup section.
- In the Backup Path field, either enter the path to which to save the backup file, or click the Browse Button and specify a directory to use.
- Click OK to return to the Work in Progress Summary. Click the Lookup Button on the toolbar for the Lookup screen to open.
- Then click the WIP Button to return to the "Work In Progress Summary." The Backup Return option will now be enabled.
Part 2: Backup returns
- On the Work in Progress Summary, click the Backup Returns option. The Backup Returns window will open.
- Click Full Backup to open the Full Backup Selection window.
- Select the items to be backed up by selecting the appropriate check boxes.
NOTE: To back up tax returns, the minimum options that need to be selected are Tax Returns and PDF Documents.
- Click OK to back up the selected items. The backup file will be created in the directory specified in Part 1, Step 5.
NOTE: If the Backup Returns option is not available after completing Part 1, please close the program and re-open it.
KB 685 How to Restore Backup Returns through the Desktop program