"Error - ICLRMetaHost::GetRuntime failed"
When attempting to send email or using TextLink, the following message appears:
’Error - ICLRMetaHost::GetRuntime failed’
This occurs when the computer does not have the required .NET Framework.
- Close the tax software
- Navigate to the xlink## folder
- Open the utils folder
- Right click on NetFx20SP2_x86.exe and run as administrator
- Follow any user account control request with YES responses
- Launch the software and test email or TextLink functionality
- If the above step are not successful, you may need to continue troubleshooting with the following KB article: