Scan Button Not Activating Scanner in The Program
Possible causes for the scanner not activating
- The scanner may not be connected to the computer: Verify the scanner is properly connected to a USB port.
- Drivers may not be installed. To verify if the drivers have been installed:
- In Windows, press the Start Button.
- Type Programs and Features and click Enter.
- In the "Programs and Features" window, look for “Symbol SNAPI USB Imaging Driver” or “Motorola Core Scanner Driver 64 bit.” If this is present, the driver is installed.
- If it is missing, the drivers need to be installed: Follow this link to open the installation instructions. How to Install the Motorola Symbol Scanner For Use With The Program
- If the scanner is still not functioning:
- Try the scanner on a different computer, if possible. The scanner itself may be broken.
- Run the program as Admin, to prevent additional errors.
- Restarting the PC
- Contact the hardware vendor for further assistance.
If using a non-supported scanner, documents can still be added to the document archive. Please refer to the following article: