Error Message: Invalid Check Number Appears While Printing a Check
While printing a check, the following error message appears:
’Invalid Check Number’
The starting or ending check number that was entered in the program is incorrect or missing. A valid check number range must be entered in the program to avoid this error.
- From the "Work In Progress" screen, click Checks, Registers and Activation.
- Click the Check Inventory tab and then click the Activate button. The "Activate Check Range" window will appear.
- In the Starting Check Number field, enter the lowest check number that appears on the checks.
- In the Ending Check Number field, enter the highest check number that appears on the checks.
- If activating check stock for multiple offices, enter the applicable site ID in the Site ID field. Otherwise, it is recommended to leave this field blank.
- Click OK to activate the check range. The activated check range will display on the Check Inventory tab.